Important Notice for Regular Beacon Audaxers

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Philip Whiteman

Important Notice for Regular Beacon Audaxers

Post by Philip Whiteman » 26 Jul 2021 21:20

Hello All

As you will be aware, if you have ridden six or more audaxes in the previous year, you need to sign up as a volunteer. The new rule is to stop an over reliance on the usual suspects and to encourage audaxers to put something back. Phil Richards has also agreed that this proposal includes his audax events. I believe that the 'putting something back' principle may also be applied to time trials in future.

As a volunteer, you will still have an opportunity to ride the event within seven days of the official date. This means you won't entirely miss out. For obvious reasons, X rated events do not require volunteers but you still need register as a volunteer at a full event. The scheme commences with the next 2021/2 audax year.

If you want to start with volunteering at Beyond the Dyke on 2nd October then you will be most welcome. This will allow you to enter audaxes during 2022 unimpeded.

Future Beacon Audaxes:

- Beyond the Dyke 2nd Oct. Lots of helpers required.

- Sunrise and Snowdrop Express tbc. Lots of helpers required.
- Begwyns, Books and Stones. X rated. No helpers required
- Hay Skivers! X rated. No helpers required.
- Kidderminster Killer. Lots of helpers required.
- Phil Richards midweek audax. I shall let him answer that.
- South Salopian. Lots of helpers required.

I am also running Salt and Cotswolds again but for Droitwich CC, so none of the above applies.

Philip Whiteman

Re: Important Notice for Regular Beacon Audaxers

Post by Philip Whiteman » 28 Jul 2021 13:24

VOLUNTEERS TO DATE

Phil Richards - Beyond the Dyke PM

Si Turner* - Beyond the Dyke AM

Andy Wrightson - Snowdrop

Rob Wade - Beyond the Dyke

Ben Lowe - Beyond the Dyke

John Williams - Snowdrop

Neil Lynch - Snowdrop

Simon Woodward - South Salopian

*not an audaxer of more than six events per year but thanks for the offer :)

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 05 Sep 2021 19:07

Hello All

Don't forget, if you have not yet volunteered, please remember that all regular audaxers need to commit to supporting on of our events to be eligible to enter a Beacon audax in 2022.

Simon Woodward

Post by Simon Woodward » 06 Sep 2021 21:45

Philip Whiteman wrote:
05 Sep 2021 19:07
Hello All

Don't forget, if you have not yet volunteered, please remember that all regular audaxers need to commit to supporting on of our events to be eligible to enter a Beacon audax in 2022.
Phil, Do you have dates for 2022 yet, so we can work out Which ones we're available to volunteer for.

Cheers

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 07 Sep 2021 09:51

Simon Woodward wrote:
06 Sep 2021 21:45
Philip Whiteman wrote:
Hello All

Phil, Do you have dates for 2022 yet, so we can work out Which ones we're available to volunteer for.

Cheers
Thanks Simon

The KK is 23rd July and the Autumn Audax (South Salopian) will be 1st October. It looks as though Phil has filled his Sunrise Express with volunteers though I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong, and I am guessing it will be the last Saturday in February. I spoke with Phil this morning and he mentioned that he is currently preparing paperwork for the event.

Simon Woodward

Post by Simon Woodward » 07 Sep 2021 13:40

Philip Whiteman wrote:

Thanks Simon

The KK is 23rd July and the Autumn Audax (South Salopian) will be 1st October. It looks as though Phil has filled his Sunrise Express with volunteers though I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong, and I am guessing it will be the last Saturday in February. I spoke with Phil this morning and he mentioned that he is currently preparing paperwork for the event.
Cheers Phil,

I'm unfortunately working for the Beyond the Dyke, Salt & Cotswold and Kidderminster Killer so can you put me down for next year's Autumn Audax.

Thanks

Can you put me down to volunteer for the Autumn audax

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 07 Sep 2021 14:13

Simon Woodward wrote:
07 Sep 2021 13:40
Philip Whiteman wrote:

Thanks Simon

Cheers Phil,

I'm unfortunately working for the Beyond the Dyke, Salt & Cotswold and Kidderminster Killer so can you put me down for next year's Autumn Audax.

Thanks

Can you put me down to volunteer for the Autumn audax
Good man. You can still ride the route as a 'helper' within two weeks of the event :)

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 16 Sep 2021 08:57

Looks like John Williams has a very big lead. http://www.aukweb.net/results/detail/20 ... ider=19004

Simon Woodward is in at second place. http://www.aukweb.net/results/detail/20 ... ider=19004

Phil Richards is in at third place. http://www.aukweb.net/results/detail/20 ... ider=19004

So either Simon or Phil have something packed up their sleeves over the next few weeks, or they will be fighting each other for the runner up place.

Simon Woodward

Post by Simon Woodward » 17 Sep 2021 14:36

Philip Whiteman wrote:
16 Sep 2021 08:57
Looks like John Williams has a very big lead. http://www.aukweb.net/results/detail/20 ... ider=19004

Simon Woodward is in at second place. http://www.aukweb.net/results/detail/20 ... ider=19004

Phil Richards is in at third place. http://www.aukweb.net/results/detail/20 ... ider=19004

So either Simon or Phil have something packed up their sleeves over the next few weeks, or they will be fighting each other for the runner up place.
There's still a chance for me yet. The AUK results, as you know run from Nov 1st and our club trophy currently runs from Oct 1st.
I reckon the scores are something like

John W - 5,450 Km
Simon W - 4;800 Km
Phil R - - 4,300 Km

I'm planning to do a 600 Km DIY next week to get my Super Randonneur Award which will leave me within a club ride of JW :D

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 24 Sep 2021 08:43

Simon Woodward wrote:
17 Sep 2021 14:36
Philip Whiteman wrote:
16 Sep 2021 08:57

I'm planning to do a 600 Km DIY next week to get my Super Randonneur Award which will leave me within a club ride of JW :D
Simon, John has just done a three hundred. How do you respond to that then?