KING ALFREDS WAY TOUR - JULY 2022

Discussion about any other rides & touring

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley

PaulB

KING ALFREDS WAY TOUR - JULY 2022

Post by PaulB » 06 Jan 2022 17:05

Hi All

Planning some trips for this year and would like to do the King Alfreds Way over 5 days, as this is my retirement year, July i am free, and with another wedding September this year and a trip to France for another wedding in Sept also then time is tight.

I was looking at this self guided tour whereas they take your luggage, reserve the hotels, breakfast inc, 2 refreshment stops with cake flapjacks etc along the way
Cost for this would be around £500 to £600, details here..... https://www.roughrideguide.co.uk/King-A ... -10th-July

Would anyone like to join me, would be nice to get a good group together and have some fun

there is obviously the bike packing side to this as well but i am not the sort to set up camp, cook my own food, need to have showers after struggling on dirt tracks etc

Anyway, thought i would put it out there for feedback or discussion but let me know if it tickles your fancy
Thank You

Paul B

George

Re: KING ALFREDS WAY TOUR - JULY 2022

Post by George » 07 Jan 2022 10:42

Sounds like fun, Paul, but if things work out as I'm hoping, I'll be away in that period. Enjoy!

PaulB

Post by PaulB » 07 Jan 2022 10:59

Thanks George

Hope your plans come together
Thank You

Paul B

Helen

Post by Helen » 08 Jan 2022 08:02

Hi Paul,

I've got plans to bike pack this route at Easter already so can't join you. sorry. I didn't expect to see other people here riding gravel routes like this one! Have a great time :)