Stourport circuit training Hire??

Discussion about any other rides & touring

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley

sbmungo

Stourport circuit training Hire??

Post by sbmungo » 08 Jan 2014 22:24

With the race season starting in the not to distance future. It may be greatly beneficial for anybody thinking of starting racing or those already preparing for the coming series to start a more specific type of training.

There are a range of things i would like to improve: cornering, powering out of corners and sprinting whilst all this could be acheived outside of stourport it would be a good opportunity for beginners and veterans to get used to the circuit which as we all know may be half the battle or a least a 3rd or perhaps even and 8th either way worth considering for safety alone.

Does anyone know if we can hire the circuit, how much and if people would like to do so.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 08 Jan 2014 22:31

Sounds good and I'd come along if it was organised. When I suggested having some training sessions last year, I looked into whether it was possible to use Stourport. You can hire the circuit for £22 an hour for exclusive use - so not that much divided by a few people. The details are here. They don't have a 2014 calendar up yet and the link to the 2013 one doesn't work, so I'm not sure when it's available to book.

sbmungo

Post by sbmungo » 08 Jan 2014 23:00

Still early days yet. And i agree that we will need to organise a training plan of some sort. Coached or not this would be be a good opportunity to develop and gain confidence on this circuit. We both probably know enough people in and out of the club to make this cost effective but working out what training will benefit each person may prove more difficult.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 08 Jan 2014 23:12

Sorry, I didn't mean that we would necessarily need a coach. That was just the context last year. Some coached sessions would be good (I think I'm right in thinking that there are plans for this this year), but it would also be good to just ride on the circuit a bit for training purposes and to get to know it better. I know that Mark (Patton) wants to have a practice there at some point soon, as he mentioned it at the weekend.

andrew clayton

Post by andrew clayton » 08 Jan 2014 23:36

Tailoring the sessions to meet everyone's needs will always be challenging....i'm however sure between all participants we can agree to focus on some essential areas of need.... Cornering, use of lines, ability to cover breaks, sprint training etc...these are the kind of things which will be invaluable anyone considering racing.

Tim

Post by Tim » 09 Jan 2014 06:38

Sounds great Sean.

If theres interest I plan to book Tudor Grange for 4-6 sessions in April/May by which point I will have my level2 coaching.

Also any Tuesday morning from now that isn't icy or torrential rain I will be on Tudor Grange between 6.10 and 6.55 doing laps and sprint intervals. Anyone is welcome to join me.

Mark Patton

Post by Mark Patton » 09 Jan 2014 14:41

I’m defiantly be up for this having zero experience at the moment. Tim, I work over in Solihull @ Blythe Valley Business park so will come meet you before work at the Tudor grange track one Tuesday. Will be a good place for me to make a start

Tim

Post by Tim » 13 Jan 2014 21:28

Great if you could join me, I will be there in the morning, unless I find it to be icy. Heard you may have a bit of an injury though