Cat & Fiddle Ride 12th October

Discussion about any other rides & touring

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley

Nicks_77

Cat & Fiddle Ride 12th October

Post by Nicks_77 » 26 Sep 2014 17:02

I know I've posted this before but It is going ahead.

I have arranged with a local cycling club in Staffordshire to do a joint club ride taking in the Rourkies Cat & Fiddle route. As you may be aware the official Sportive on the 5th October has been cancelled this year due to a disagreement between Rourkes cycles and the sponsoring Charity CF.

It would be a shame to miss out on doing this route before the weather gets too bad so I've spoken to a friend who runs Black Horse Velo cycling club and they are up for doing a joint club ride.

We are to meet at the Black Horse pub in Endon, Staffordshire for a 9am start on the 12th October. It is intended to be a social ride but if your legs are feeling good its intended that we do the Cat climb at our own pace be it fast or slow and meet at the top for coffee & cake.

If you fancy joining me then PM or give me a shout on 07595971540.

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 27 Sep 2014 23:18

Cant make it but I like the symmetry or something of meeting at another Black Horse pub. I wonder how many more there are around the country that would be good starts for club runs!

Nicks_77

Post by Nicks_77 » 09 Oct 2014 15:34

UPDATE....

We are to meet on the caged car park on Tranter Road, in Abbey Hulton, Stoke-On-Trent. There is a big house on the corner of Tranter Road with a green caged car park just down from the house on the right hand side.

We need to set off from here at 8:45 sharp in order to meet the Black Horse Velo boys & girls in Endon for 9:00. The meeting point will be ironically the Black Horse pub in Endon. We will then set of towards Congleton to pick up the official Cat & Fiddle route.

Please note this is not the full route as undertaken in the challenge but the best parts of it. We'll have a cafe stop at the top of the Cat & Fiddle and a leisurely ride back towards Abbey Hulton.

Route - http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6206711