LeJOG 10 Day - Peak Tours - Highly Recommended!

Discussion about any other rides & touring

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley

caashford

LeJOG 10 Day - Peak Tours - Highly Recommended!

Post by caashford » 05 Sep 2018 12:47

Having just returned from my LeJOG 10 Day adventure I can highly recommend Peak Tours for anyone thinking of attempting next year. They were a well organised group catering for a range of speeds and abilities. They offer both 10 and 14 day tours, averaging ~60 and ~100 miles respectively. Based out of Glossop they can do bike transport for you from Brum to St. Just (Penzance) and then collect you and also from John O'Groats to Inverness and bikes back to Brum.

A standard day would be packed up our stuff in the B&B each morning at 07:00 and loaded it onto a van after breakfast 08:30.
We then cycled ~25miles to first stop for tea / cake, then to ~50miles for lunch in coffee shop, then to ~75miles for second tea / cake before final stop at ~100miles where our bags had been dropped in the next b&b. All ran really smoothly. well fed and watered throughout - just focusing on the cycling.

Most of the riders were of a good standard (decent B run pace) and there were some further forward, and some further back. As a solo rider, it was great to have a group to have dinner / a few beers with in the evening, or equally you could just do your own thing.

https://www.peak-tours.com/shop/lands-e ... -day-tour/

I just found out that our very own John Hunt has also been a guide on this trip, so gives you an idea of the pedigree of the support you will receive.

I know that some have done this event in a self organised group, as well as some about to complete LeJOG with Deloitte Ride Across Britain, so it will be interesting to compare stories!

Happy to take any questions for those thinking of this for 2019!