RESULT: West Mids CX League - Round 13 (final round)

Discussion about and results of Beacon club time trials and Beacon member participation in open time trials

Moderators: Beacon RCC, David Cole, martin mc, JessRJ

Grogz

RESULT: West Mids CX League - Round 13 (final round)

Post by Grogz » 29 Jan 2012 19:38

Very muddy day at Baggeridge Country Park in Dudley. I decided that that discretion was the better part of valour and watched the racing before being roped in to marshal.

Results will be published in a few days. In the meantime, congrats to Greg Dighton for a great ride to win the Juniors race. We think that both Ruth and Jon came second in their respective races.

I've had an enjoyable first season and hope that I can improve next year as a 50+ category Vet!

ForeverProvence

Post by ForeverProvence » 29 Jan 2012 19:55

You don't look a day over 49 Greg :wink:
Eddy Merckx, when asked for his advice to younger riders who wanted to become professionals: ''Ride lots.''

Missiles

Re: RESULT: West Mids CX League - Round 13 (final round)

Post by Missiles » 29 Jan 2012 21:15

Grogz wrote:Very muddy day........
That's an understatement!
......... at Baggeridge Country Park in Dudley. I decided that that discretion was the better part of valour and watched the racing before being roped in to marshal.
Well done to both Greg and Simon Dighton who were marshalling.
Results will be published in a few days. In the meantime, congrats to Greg Dighton for a great ride to win the Juniors race. We think that both Ruth and Jon came second in their respective races.
As Gareth said, it was a 'real' cyclocross race today with tons of mud, slippery slopes, steep climbs, tricky corners, dicey off-cambers......... I loved it!
I've had an enjoyable first season and hope that I can improve next year as a 50+ category Vet!
I'm sure you will Greg - it's a very quirky, unique branch of cycle sport and I think experience counts for a great deal so your second season will almost certainly be better than your first.

Ruth

Grogz

Re: RESULT: West Mids CX League - Round 13 (final round)

Post by Grogz » 30 Jan 2012 07:51

Missiles wrote:As Gareth said, it was a 'real' cyclocross race today with tons of mud, slippery slopes, steep climbs, tricky corners, dicey off-cambers......... I loved it!
You did have a huge smile at the end, Ruth. Not everyone was quite so pleased: quite a lot of broken rear mechs. What I don'tquite understand is how some riders suffered that fAte while others manahed to get roind ok. I could hardly see the cogs in Greg Dighton's cassette at the end, the bike must have been twice its normal weight!

Grogz

Post by Grogz » 30 Jan 2012 21:55

Final results from Sunday:

Junior/ Vets/ Ladies / 85
11 Jon Rice
15 Greg Dighton
27 Steve Croggan
36 Ruth Eyles
Gary Mac - DNF

Youth / 53 (5 DNF)
25 Oli Dighton

Juniors / 2
1 Greg Dighton

Vets 40+ / 41
18 Steve Croggan

Vets 50+ / 29
3 Jon Rice

Ladies / 14
2 Ruth Eyles

Seniors / 27
9 Gareth Scott

Updated with confirmed results.
Last edited by Grogz on 10 Feb 2012 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

Missiles

Post by Missiles » 30 Jan 2012 23:30

Photos from yesterday's race are here:
http://andyw39.smugmug.com/CYCLESPORT/C ... S-20112012

(Scroll down to the bottom for 3 sets of photos. Most of us are quite distinctive in Beacon colours but Ollie Dighton in the youth race is disguised in Halesowen purple - but he's on a red bike if you want to find him.)

George

Post by George » 31 Jan 2012 10:18

Well done, especially Greg's category win.

David Cole

Post by David Cole » 01 Feb 2012 10:04

Well done everyone and congratulations to Greg on his win

Dave
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club