Result-Leamington Vic Park 14/4/12

Discussion about and results of Beacon club time trials and Beacon member participation in open time trials

Moderators: Beacon RCC, David Cole, martin mc, JessRJ

Doug Brum

Result-Leamington Vic Park 14/4/12

Post by Doug Brum » 16 Apr 2012 13:15

Me and Mike Mc were representing on Saturday in both races. This is the first race of the season for me and the first time I've raced on this circuit. It's essentially a small circuit of the park on what can only be descibed as a big path. 25 laps was about 30 minutes so it was quick and fast (26mph average). There was a big field (40) for both races. This made it quite difficult to move up and get well placed.
I did make a howler of a mistake in the first race. There were 2 primes (sprints for cash) so on the second one I went off the front and sprinted for the line. I thought I had won it but looked up to see a rider in front of me. I thought he was a tail ender but then realised had been off the front for about 6 laps and I never noticed! To make matters worse the bell went on the next lap and I was still recovering-I hadn't seen the lap board either. Hey-ho. Me and mike finished in the bunch.
The second race I knew the score a bit more. I still found it hard getting into the right position. I went round the outside on the last bend before the sprint which wasn't good. There was no room on the inside at all for whole race. I got 15 and mike was just behind.

David Cole

Post by David Cole » 16 Apr 2012 13:21

Well done Doug and Mike
Plus an interesting race report

Dave
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club

mike mac

Post by mike mac » 17 Apr 2012 15:22

Ha ha!

I have to say I really enjoyed the racing. It was faster than the previous Vic Park meeting 3 weeks ago. Doug's comedy moment was hilarious.

Almost as funny as me on the final lap of the second race. I went round the outside on the bend before the back straight and shouted to doug to get in my wheel. I thought I would be able to help put us both in a better position for the sprint. However I took the bend too quickly and nearly lost it completely, ending up riding the bend on the grass.

Fortunately, I managed to stay upright but offered no help at all to Doug.

Philip Whiteman

Post by Philip Whiteman » 17 Apr 2012 16:26

Doug, you deserve an OBE for that :wink:

Grogz

Post by Grogz » 17 Apr 2012 21:18

Philip Whiteman wrote:Doug, you deserve an OBE for that :wink:
Oh Bloody 'Ell?

Grogz

Post by Grogz » 17 Apr 2012 21:21

Well done for making the effort, guys. Mike, maybe you should join the Beacon 'crossers: brilliant practice for racing on grass. :D