Looking to try Club Time Trial

Discussion about and results of Beacon club time trials and Beacon member participation in open time trials

Moderators: Beacon RCC, David Cole, martin mc, JessRJ

Rhys

Looking to try Club Time Trial

Post by Rhys » 20 May 2013 22:48

Hi Guys

I am looking to get into club time trialing, I am a new member and have been on a couple of club runs and into rides.

Is it ok just to turn up to a club event. Just bought a time trial bike of a person at work so was looking to try it out.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rhys

martin mc

Post by martin mc » 20 May 2013 23:48

Hi Rhys. Feel free to turn up at any of the clubs time trials, that's probably how most of us get started. Calender of when & where can be found at
http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/club_races/ ... index.html
You pay your £3 entry fee & sign on before the start so aim to get there about 20 mins before time listed. For the next 4 wednesdays these are being held at 7pm in Earlswood over 2 laps around K36/4.5C course (total distance of 9 miles). The start is at junction of Umberslade Rd & Tithe Barn Lane, the route's very easy to follow & because it's quite local it's easy to ride out to.

Patch

Post by Patch » 20 May 2013 23:50

Yes Rhys you just turn up. Next event this Wednesday 7pm. On the Earlswood circuit. I usually aim to get there at least half an hour before to warm up sign on etc. It costs just £3. Course details are on the main website.
Patch