Beacon Stourport circuit races Tuesday 6 August

Discussion about and results of Beacon club time trials and Beacon member participation in open time trials

Moderators: Beacon RCC, David Cole, martin mc, JessRJ

laurence_cooley

Beacon Stourport circuit races Tuesday 6 August

Post by laurence_cooley » 07 Aug 2013 00:20

I gave the 4th cat race at Stourport a go tonight. Made lots of rookie mistakes but it was fun nonetheless. I started to lose contact at some point and then made the mistake of doing most of the work to bring the small group back to the bunch, just in time for the prime lap when we got distanced again. I also had a problem with my rear mech, which seemed to get worse after the group had been dropped for a second time, and it was skipping gears in the middle of the cassette, which isn't ideal in a circuit race when you need to accelerate hard out of the corners! Nonetheless, it gave me lots of things to think about (mainly the need to do more training!) and I'd definitely give it another go soon.

Sadly Andrew Clayton, who had a lucky escape with his collarbone on the club run on Sunday, came down on the final lap of the 3/4 race and had to go to hospital for the second time in three days. It looks like he's broken it this time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Andrew.

George

Post by George » 07 Aug 2013 09:12

Well done, Laurence, and best wishes to Andy.

Ed Moss

Post by Ed Moss » 07 Aug 2013 10:09

Hope all went OK in hospital Andy.

I had a dig off the front with 4 laps to go, got a better gap than Saturday but got caught with 2 to go, must do some proper training.....

Philip Whiteman

Re: Beacon Stourport circuit races Tuesday 6 August

Post by Philip Whiteman » 07 Aug 2013 10:59

laurence_cooley wrote: Sadly Andrew Clayton, who had a lucky escape with his collarbone on the club run on Sunday, came down on the final lap of the 3/4 race and had to go to hospital for the second time in three days. It looks like he's broken it this time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Andrew.
Ouch!

Grogz

Post by Grogz » 07 Aug 2013 12:16

Philip Whiteman wrote:
laurence_cooley wrote: Sadly Andrew Clayton, who had a lucky escape with his collarbone on the club run on Sunday, came down on the final lap of the 3/4 race and had to go to hospital for the second time in three days. It looks like he's broken it this time. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Andrew.
Ouch!
The man is determined, you've got to give him that! Wishing you a speedy recovery, Andrew.

rdleaper

Post by rdleaper » 07 Aug 2013 14:25

Grogz wrote:
Philip Whiteman wrote:
Ouch!
The man is determined, you've got to give him that! Wishing you a speedy recovery, Andrew.
He looked to be in a decent position too - about 6th place on inside of last hairpin. I think he was 3rd in intermediate sprint (couldn't tell from other side of course) and was well set for another sprint.

I understand the missus is likely to be unimpressed after warning him not to go after Sunday's incident... :roll: