Handicap 2016 expected times

Discussion about and results of Beacon club time trials and Beacon member participation in open time trials

Moderators: Beacon RCC, David Cole, martin mc, JessRJ

Simon Dighton

Handicap 2016 expected times

Post by Simon Dighton » 07 Dec 2015 16:47

I have just completed the first draft of the expected times for the handicap competition for next year. As a general rule they are calculated on following basis;

Fastest time on same course in last three years (ie 2013 through to end of 2015 & then updated for PB's and first times in 2016)

If no times in last three years go back by further year for time on course, and then if no time go back further year etc

Subjective estimate based on rides of similar courses or times of similar riders. Done where riders have ridden several club TT's so reasonable comparisons can be made

If not much info on rider then a standard 'handicap time' for the course. The final time for points cannot be less than the course base time - if you beat this time you will beat everyone on the night who has not recorded a PB. However anyone who has recorded a PB for that event will be ahead of you. If a rider is regularly competing I will move into the category above as the season progresses.

The handicap competition is based on the club TT's plus its open events and the Shirley 50.

http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/club_races/ ... _times.ods

Please let me know if any obvious errors so I can correct.

Best
Simon

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 07 Dec 2015 19:17

Link added above, I'm not familiar with that file type so let me know if anyone has a problem with it.
Eat cake before you're hungry

jdtate101

Post by jdtate101 » 10 Dec 2015 08:33

It can be opened it google docs...

RichK

Post by RichK » 11 Dec 2015 18:25

jdtate101 wrote:It can be opened it google docs...
or Excel
There is no secret ingredient