Racing in Canada

Discussion about and results of Beacon club time trials and Beacon member participation in open time trials

Moderators: Beacon RCC, David Cole, martin mc, JessRJ

DUBL02

Racing in Canada

Post by DUBL02 » 20 Jan 2016 02:39

Not sure who to contact about this but i am trying to proudly wear my Beacon colours when racing here in Canada. The issue is that the club isn't registered here so i have to wear a neutral jersey. I have been told that i need to have the club send an email stating that i am a registered member and able to ride while wearing club colours and that the club is affiliated to the B.C.F.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Tim

Post by Tim » 20 Jan 2016 05:06

Brilliant! Just discussing recently how racing abroad would be great! Laurence I'm sure will be able to sort you out. I hope you are wearing the home kit? :D
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 20 Jan 2016 06:59

If you send me a message with the e-mail address that I should send the confirmation to, Martin, I can do that. Include your e-mail and I'll CC you in.

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 20 Jan 2016 14:18

Tim wrote:Brilliant! Just discussing recently how racing abroad would be great! Laurence I'm sure will be able to sort you out. I hope you are wearing the home kit? :D
Home kit!!!!!! This isn't football Tim. Clubs and cycle teams have one kit.
Might be tough registering ours in Italy :D

DUBL02

Post by DUBL02 » 20 Jan 2016 17:18

You have a P.M. Laurence, thanks. I take it the kit on the club clothing page is the 'home' and the all black one is the 'away'. I do like the black kit, would there be any available in a skinsuit? I will hopefully post some pics up soon to verify the design. Cheers.

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 20 Jan 2016 17:24

Thanks, Martin. I'll send the e-mail this evening if I get time. The retro (red, white and green) kit is the one that is registered with British Cycling, so you can't officially enter BC-organised races in the black kit. Obviously it's not up to BC what you race in in Canada, though!

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 20 Jan 2016 18:38

laurence_cooley wrote:Thanks, Martin. I'll send the e-mail this evening if I get time. The retro (red, white and green) kit is the one that is registered with British Cycling, so you can't officially enter BC-organised races in the black kit. Obviously it's not up to BC what you race in in Canada, though!
I think you will find it is actually Laurence. The one registered kit rule is required by the UCI., unless there have been some strange new changes to the rules.

Tim

Post by Tim » 20 Jan 2016 20:10

You knew what I meant Pete! Maybe we should change the away kit every year to raise revenue from the fans...Claret and Blue would never be allowed though! :D
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 20 Jan 2016 20:19

petemarshall wrote:
laurence_cooley wrote:Thanks, Martin. I'll send the e-mail this evening if I get time. The retro (red, white and green) kit is the one that is registered with British Cycling, so you can't officially enter BC-organised races in the black kit. Obviously it's not up to BC what you race in in Canada, though!
I think you will find it is actually Laurence. The one registered kit rule is required by the UCI., unless there have been some strange new changes to the rules.
I've checked the UCI regulations (the first and probably the only time I'll write that) and you're right, Pete. That's good, because the retro kit is obviously the best one!

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 20 Jan 2016 21:11

Tim wrote:You knew what I meant Pete! Maybe we should change the away kit every year to raise revenue from the fans...Claret and Blue would never be allowed though! :D
Then we could have an all Black kit like Man Utd and Sky. A third kit for no apparent reason and a special kit for riders in Europe.
You want to suggest this to Andy, I am sure he will love the idea :twisted:

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 20 Jan 2016 21:17

laurence_cooley wrote:
I've checked the UCI regulations (the first and probably the only time I'll write that) and you're right, Pete. That's good, because the retro kit is obviously the best one!
Arguments over jerseys at the TdF and other major events have provided entertainment over the years . Even last year Sky were stopped from wearing some special jerseys they had designed (obviously with the replica jersey market in mind so all XL and XXL :D )