2018 Time Trial Calendar - Open TTs, Club TTs, Team TTs and Hill Climbs

Discussion about and results of Beacon club time trials and Beacon member participation in open time trials

Moderators: Beacon RCC, David Cole, martin mc, JessRJ

JessRJ

Re: 2018 Time Trial Calendar - Open TTs, Club TTs, Team TTs and Hill Climbs

Post by JessRJ » 11 Sep 2018 21:12

Hi Ben - after the Midland DC website stopped being updated, we created a calendar of Midland club events and UK-wide open events on the AeroCoach website (https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/events) - scroll to the bottom of the page. It is a bit basic, but at least you can see which events are on each night, and can then go to the specific club's website, rather than having to go through all of them. You can't filter on e.g. hill climbs vs standard TTs, but as a general rule any courses with short codes e.g. KH12 rather than K33/10D will be hill climbs :)

BenC

Post by BenC » 12 Sep 2018 12:15

Perfect!

BenC

Post by BenC » 01 Oct 2018 10:17

Anyone heard anything about exactly why the national hill climb got moved?

martin mc

Post by martin mc » 01 Oct 2018 18:28

Hi Ben. This was mentioned at Midlands District CTT meeting held yesterday. From what I understand it has been moved to Pea Royd Lane in South Yorkshire. I think the reason given was the organising club would not or could not submit a budget to the satisfaction of national CTT. Several different budgets were submitted, relationship between national CTT officials & the event organiser deteriorated until the event had to be moved. Very sad for all, Shelsley Walsh would have been a fantastic venue.

BenC

Post by BenC » 02 Oct 2018 08:33

Yeah, it's a shame. I was looking forward to it but have withdrawn my entry now as the logistics of getting to the new venue don't work. Will still be riding the warm up event this weekend at least. Thanks for the info.