Club runs - 9th October

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs - 9th October

Post by WorcsPhil » 03 Oct 2016 12:36

Another 30 riders out on Sunday on what was a beautiful day. This excluded Sam Allardyce, who I know is overseas, but I did once include Boutros Boutros Ghali as a recognised member for a few weeks.

Anyway, what a wonderful selection of rides were on offer, cobblestone-sized bread pudding at Evesham, a new venue at Shelsley Walsh, with the pleasure of seeing wins for Richard Bussell and Jess in the hill climb, with another outstanding ride from John Hunt, and a 'gentle reminder' about rider etiquette...take heed to these words.

This weeks rides have a lot to live up to...and they are:

A: Clows Top - Chris Ashford (08:15 start)
B: Evesham - Paul Johnson
C: Bewdley Railway cafe - Dave Cox

What is it with the C-ride leaders at present? Looking at the leaders thread, the C volunteers only volunteer late in the week in question, despite a large number regularly turning up...get your names down in advance, please. Half a dozen people willing to lead once will be a great help.
Last edited by WorcsPhil on 10 Oct 2016 08:19, edited 2 times in total.

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 03 Oct 2016 14:39

Sunday's 'B' run will return to a familiar(not boring)venue the route maybe something like this https://ridewithgps.com/routes/16967135 weather dependent.

caashford

A ride - 09/10 - To Clows Top (08:15)

Post by caashford » 03 Oct 2016 15:58

A ride on 09/10 to Clows Top - route "borrowed" from Phil Richards, with an 08:15 start.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/16924778

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... gland.html

Note reasonably hilly, but we will be re-grouping as required.

Philip Whiteman

Re: A ride - 09/10 - To Clows Top (08:15)

Post by Philip Whiteman » 03 Oct 2016 16:03

caashford wrote:A ride on 09/10 to Clows Top - route "borrowed" from Phil Richards, with an 08:15 start.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/16924778

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restauran ... gland.html

Note reasonably hilly, but we will be re-grouping as required.
Ouch :shock:

Looking forward to it, I think.

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 05 Oct 2016 17:48

I'll lead a C run to Bewdley railway station cafe next Sunday

petemarshall

Post by petemarshall » 08 Oct 2016 15:41

Which way you going Dave, Beacon Road to Shatterford?

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 09 Oct 2016 07:59

Bellbroughton - Wolverley - Shatterford Yes

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 09 Oct 2016 15:09

On today's B run to Evesham
Paul Johnson(L)
Phil Richards
Alistair Hey
Ian Simpson
James Tate
Neil Orchard
Carolyn"Medusa"Clegg
Andy Wrightson
Ryan Evanson
Neil Lynch
Phil Gameson
Simon"My Knee"Turner
George Barker(Cafe)
Phil Elwell
Andy Deere
George Garvie
Cedric Gioan
Wayne Gibbs

AdeR

Alternative run

Post by AdeR » 09 Oct 2016 15:14

crikey 8:15 start MEANS 8:15 start. I was at the Black Horse at 8:19 - not a soul! I set off on my own and took in Frankley Romsley Rose hill and Weatheroak before bumping into Dave Marsh. We teamed up and rode out via Ullenhall and past the Purity Brewery down to Aston Cantlow and then back via Earlswood. So a bit different to clows top; but a good ride. Nice to meet you Dave.
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 09 Oct 2016 15:44

C "Pumpkin" run to Bewdley

Dave Cox (leading)
James Bramwell
Colin Hall
Huan Dong
Laurie Derbyshire
Mark McConkey
Mark Gardiner
Adam Simcox
Gemma Johnson
John Deeley
Dave Little
Adrian McHugh
Pete Marshall at Cafe

Good to meet Gemma out on her first Beacon Run and to see Adam and Adrian back with us.
Thanks to Colin, John and Dave for help with sweeping and keeping group together.

caashford

A ride - 09/10 - To Clows Top (08:15)

Post by caashford » 09 Oct 2016 17:31

A-ride out to Clows Top Cafe with plenty of Stingers (both the hills and unfortunately one from a wasp too)! The group rode well together and hopefully everyone enjoyed the route.

Chris Ashford (L)
Oliver Timms
Mark Roberts
Matthew Hale
Steve Philpott
Neil Ashton

Cafe stop was well needed after the short sharp climbs and they served us quickly despite being extremely busy on a sunny Sunday morning.

Welcome to Neil Ashton on his first Beacon Ride, hopefully we will see him on some future routes.

Sorry to Adrian for missing you at the start - 08:15 means 08:15!

Yosser

Post by Yosser » 09 Oct 2016 18:05

A tale of two missed rides. I set out to intercept the B run en route (at the crossroads at top of Weatheroak Hill) and missed! You boys must have got a move on or my watch is due for the scrapheap. Whilst musing on the wonders of the universe and how the drivers of snowploughs get to work, up rode a rather keen, lean and a mite too enthusiastic rider who had carelessly misplaced the A run. A bond of mutual abandonment was struck and we set off, with me hanging on to the coat tails of one Adrian Ravenscroft. A most enjoyable ride followed and all at a pace that I kept reminding myself was "doing me good".
Nice to be able to put a face to the name of the newly appointed club captain for track racing. Nice to meet you too Adrian.
Oh and I must learn to enunciate more clarly; the name is, (to be read with a certain Ian Fleming character in mind) Hughes, Dave Hughes.

jdtate101

Post by jdtate101 » 09 Oct 2016 18:31

Yosser wrote:A tale of two missed rides. I set out to intercept the B run en route (at the crossroads at top of Weatheroak Hill) and missed! You boys must have got a move on or my watch is due for the scrapheap. Whilst musing on the wonders of the universe and how the drivers of snowploughs get to work, up rode a rather keen, lean and a mite too enthusiastic rider who had carelessly misplaced the A run. A bond of mutual abandonment was struck and we set off, with me hanging on to the coat tails of one Adrian Ravenscroft. A most enjoyable ride followed and all at a pace that I kept reminding myself was "doing me good".
Nice to be able to put a face to the name of the newly appointed club captain for track racing. Nice to meet you too Adrian.
Oh and I must learn to enunciate more clarly; the name is, (to be read with a certain Ian Fleming character in mind) Hughes, Dave Hughes.
You missed because we never went that way...Paul changed the route on the fly, we kinda did the route in reverse so went outwards via dayhouse bank.

Yosser

Post by Yosser » 09 Oct 2016 21:40

Ah the irony James. If only your message had come in time. If only I could apologise to my watch but 'tis now deceased. The fickle finger of fate...

Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale » 09 Oct 2016 22:10

Cheers Chris, thanks for leading...lovely Autumn day for a ride and good group - enjoyed the company. Thanks also to Phil Richards for the devilish route... the noahs ark climb on the detour out towards Bewdley was particularly tough at that point in the ride! 👿 :D

John D

Post by John D » 10 Oct 2016 09:43

Dave, thanks for the scenic, text book c run. Really enjoyed it,

JD