Club runs - 8th January

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs - 8th January

Post by WorcsPhil » 02 Jan 2017 10:02

Welcome back. Now, where were we?

New Year's Day saw dreadful conditions for cycling, and let's hope this was the worst weather of the year, but eight intrepid (?) people still met up at the Black Horse, so all three runs were combined under the quiet, under-stated leadership of Paulo Johnsoni.

I know many people would have had annual diaries (do these still exist?) from Santa, and when we instigated #pressgang1 a few weeks ago, these riders were going to check what weeks they were free to lead, ...so check your diaries and get your name down...the C ride has a few good weeks of leaders, so the focus is now to get some A-ride volunteers who are not called 'Phil' for a few weeks. Get yer names down on the Jan/Feb/Mar thread!

Anyway, we have a full set of leaders this week, who are:

A: Beacon Burst - Matt Clegg
B: Warwick - Nick Shenton
C: Lavender Hall Fisheries - Dave Cox
Last edited by WorcsPhil on 09 Jan 2017 09:34, edited 4 times in total.

Cleggy

Post by Cleggy » 05 Jan 2017 12:49

Hi Phil,

Beacon Burst will be a 42 mile route I've ridden quite a bit in the past. I always found it good fun as it's got some nice fast roads which should encourage working as a group as well as some decent climbs for a bit of a test. Should be interesting for those of us who have ridden the Derby track session the evening before though, might have to go easy on us!!!

If after St Kenelms Pass people are not feeling too fresh, there is the option to go down Putney Ln (not one of my favourite gravel tracks I must admit) to avoid Quantry Ln and Dayhouse Bank. No cafe stop planned but could go to "3CJ" the new(ish) cycle centre on Longbridge Ln/Bristol Rd afterwards, I stopped there for a coffee a few weeks back and was pleasantly surprised.

If anyone knows of any road closures/changes that might affect the route, please shout. I haven't ridden it since the summer as I've been at uni.

ROUTE: https://www.strava.com/routes/7327544

All the best,

Matt

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 05 Jan 2017 17:54

Hi Sunday's C Run will be to Lavender Hall Fishery a gentle run because I've been away from the bike for a fortnight. It's a great cafe and always copes well with our groups.

DavOz

Post by DavOz » 05 Jan 2017 21:05

A gentle C run sounds good! Hopefully I'll be able to keep up given I've only been doing short runs on the recumbent trike to avoid ice over Xmas.

Nicks_77

Post by Nicks_77 » 07 Jan 2017 09:48

This Sunday's B Ride will be to the Tuckery in Warwick

Cleggy

Post by Cleggy » 08 Jan 2017 13:07

Despite some chilly fog in places, I'm afraid Phil that today's A run was not cold enough to bring out the likes of Ernest Shackleton or Robert Falcon-Scott. Although, thankfully we all made it back from our brisk expedition (non-polar, have to concede that to the real explorers...) The 10 intrepid souls were:

Chris Ashford
Nathon Cardon
Matt Clegg (Leading)
Ryan Evanson
John Hunt
Lee Marrow
Gavin Passmore
Steve Philpotts
Liam Roberts
Nic Vipond

Cheers all, made my first time leading a very enjoyable one!!

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 08 Jan 2017 13:57

C Run to Lavender Hall
Dave Cox Leading
Neil Evanson
John Deeley
Helen Jamieson
Anne Hughes
Dave Hughes
Claire Fudge
Tess Oelofse
Si Walker Leading second group
Colin Hall
Simon Turner
Mark McConkey
Mark Gardener
Natalia Barroso (welcome to the C Run going very well on new road bike)
Adrian McHugh
Mark Russell
Dave Little (sweeper)

Macco

C Run

Post by Macco » 08 Jan 2017 15:02

Many thanks to Dave, Si & all the other riders who made today's ride so enjoyable. Its great to be back!

Nicks_77

Post by Nicks_77 » 08 Jan 2017 18:01

On today's foggy B Run to Warwick were:

Nick Shenton (Leading)
Vince tenant
James Tate
Neil Orchard
Neil Lynch
Andy Wrightson
Paul Johnson
Phil Elwell
Joe Warwood
Adam Green
Mark Connell
Alan Weaver

Thanks to all for an enjoyable ride and waiting for me when I was flagging towards the end.