sat 18th march K37/6G

Discussion about and results of Beacon club time trials and Beacon member participation in open time trials

Moderators: Beacon RCC, David Cole, martin mc, JessRJ

martin mc

sat 18th march K37/6G

Post by martin mc » 15 Mar 2017 21:40

The first Beacon club TT of season will be held on Sat 18th March on K37/6G course at 2pm. For any newcomers or those who've not ridden this course the official course description is given as http://midlanddc.org.uk/courses?area=K37&course=K37/6G , same as https://www.strava.com/activities/367591937#8778419510
Sign on will be at start, parking on bridge over A435 at turning signed for Ullenhall. Entry is £3, all are welcome. If you haven't ridden a time trial before feel free to come & have a go - the only person you're racing against is yourself & riders of all abilities participate. If you don't know the course might be worth arriving early to give time to go around it before race starts as there won't be marshalls to direct you at every junction but it's not a complicated route.
This event is also the opening event in our season long handicap points competition which usually ends up as a very close contest.

Andy Terry

Post by Andy Terry » 15 Mar 2017 23:17

I can do the timekeeping on the first 2 (K37/6) events. These are good opportunities for new timekeepers to have a go.

martin mc

Post by martin mc » 16 Mar 2017 22:04

Andy Terry wrote:I can do the timekeeping on the first 2 (K37/6) events. These are good opportunities for new timekeepers to have a go.
Thanks Andy, see you on Sat, I have stopwatches, signs & numbers.
martin mc wrote:
PhilG wrote:Not sure if this is the best place to highlight this, but there are currently roadworks / traffic lights on the route of the time trial this Saturday (18/03/17) - going down Church Hill to the left turn onto Icknield Street.
I think they are resurfacing the pavement and are due to finish on Friday.
No temporary lights when I rode around this evening. Will check course on Saturday before event starts.
There were temporary lights on course during day today but hopefully they will be cleared by Saturday, either way will drive around course before event & decide then.

RichK

Post by RichK » 17 Mar 2017 12:43

martin mc wrote: There were temporary lights on course during day today but hopefully they will be cleared by Saturday, either way will drive around course before event & decide then.
They're showing is finishing today so hopefully will be gone :D
There is no secret ingredient

Gemma_j1983

Post by Gemma_j1983 » 17 Mar 2017 21:54

Is it an individual time trial tomorrow?
Can people turn up and join on the day or do they have to pre register?
Thanks
Gemma

Andy Terry

Post by Andy Terry » 17 Mar 2017 21:57

Gemma_j1983 wrote:Is it an individual time trial tomorrow?
Thanks
Gemma
Just turn up. Good idea to drive or ride the course first.

martin mc

Post by martin mc » 17 Mar 2017 22:01

Gemma_j1983 wrote:Is it an individual time trial tomorrow?
Thanks
Gemma
Hi Gemma. This is an individual time trial, just turn up pay your £3 and ride it. If you haven't ridden a TT before don't worry, it's all very friendly at this end of the sport. You are very welcome at any of our events, if you aren't sure what happens when you get there just ask anyone.

Gemma_j1983

Post by Gemma_j1983 » 17 Mar 2017 22:13

Brilliant,
I've done one before on my road bike. Can this one still be done on a road bike as well?

martin mc

Post by martin mc » 17 Mar 2017 22:26

Many participants ride road bikes, no barrier & have even seen someone ride on a mountain bike before.
Just remember Gemma everyone riding tomorrow turned up at their first time trial unsure what to expect.
Typical questions include Will I be the slowest there? Will everyone laugh at my equipment? Will I be an outsider when everyone else knows each other? What do I have to do before & after the event starts? Who should I ask? ( Just a few Things I worried about before my first TT).

If you decide to ride just say hello & ask anybody at the start & they will help or point you in the right direction, this I can assure you of with every confidence. Participation is a very high priority to us & all are welcome.