Club runs - 9th April

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs - 9th April

Post by WorcsPhil » 03 Apr 2017 09:21

So we did get together 4 runs at the weekend with over 30 riders in total. Particular thanks to Si Walker and Dave Little for stepping up and leading on the day, and a warm welcome to all the new people who turned up, hopefully you enjoyed your ride and felt safe and looked after.

It was also good to see some regular b riders stepping up the a-ride and c-riders stepping up the b-ride, so the experiment continues, even though it's early days

We're now in the middle of the classics season, of course, and what a great RVV at the weekend... interesting to speculate what would have happened if Sagan had stayed upright, but it's inspired me to lead this week and find a route that resembles Flanders. It would be good to see lots of riders out this weekend.

Also congrats to the Beacon time triallers at the weekend, particularly Jess Rhodes-Jones and John Hunt who were only seconds away from breaking long standing Beacon club records for 25mile TT's.

This weeks rides are:

A: Clows Top - Phil Richards
B: Kineton - the legend that is Pauli Johnsoni
C: Bewdley SVR - Dave Cox
Last edited by WorcsPhil on 10 Apr 2017 07:58, edited 3 times in total.

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 03 Apr 2017 09:45

The A-ride this week is a Flanders tribute ride, and is shortish at 65 miles, but particularly spiteful and horrible. I've adjusted the route slightly from the one I've done before, but it contains virtually every steep hill in the Wyre Forest both before and after the café. There's even a ford with cobbles.

I'm crap at hills so don't worry about lagging behind, come along and have no fun whatsoever.

The route will be something like:
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/12961580

50+

Post by 50+ » 03 Apr 2017 13:21

Im hoping to get along for the C-Run this Sunday - so if anybody has any idea of where, how far, how fast, how steep, let me know !

Si_Walker

Post by Si_Walker » 04 Apr 2017 15:08

This is a request to the regular C riders to consider being the leader for this Sunday's ride (9th). Perhaps team up with someone else to do a joint lead. Also, if you have saved an activity (club ride) on your Garmin, they can be converted into a route. You can also obtain a route from here;
http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/message_boa ... php?t=5342
Si Walker
Beacon Roads Cycling Club

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 06 Apr 2017 14:09

hi all,

with the weather set for 21c, fine and sunny all day, and with a few new people coming along, it would be good if someone could look deep inside themselves and lead a B or C run this Sunday.

I know we're experimenting with riders moving up, but happy for riders who have moved up to lead B or C rides as you used to do, any length ride would be good...it's Paris-Roubaix on Sunday also, so shorter rides are encouraged if you want to get back.

I know I send a lot of these encouraging messages, but I'd be very happy not to!

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 06 Apr 2017 17:16

Phil you silver tongued devil, after being promoted(or reclassified) last week i will relegate(or reclassify) myself this week and lead the B run to Kineton route will be something like this https://ridewithgps.com/routes/20085419 about 67 miles pretty flat. And i know Phil won't say it but other regular club riders pull your finger's out and volunteer to lead!! :evil:

Nicks_77

Post by Nicks_77 » 06 Apr 2017 20:12

Bugger!

Mr Johnson has beaten me to it. I was also going to say if no one pulled their fingers out I'd take the B Run this Sunday.

Looks like it's all down to the regular club run leaders again!!

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 07 Apr 2017 03:18

Hi I'll take the C Run to Bewdley Railway Station not too far one big hill

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 07 Apr 2017 22:21

Mark Connell volunteered to lead the B run on the Facebook page, but after Paul, so I've told him that Paul is leading but said that he'd be welcome to lead in a future week. I hope that's OK.

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 07 Apr 2017 22:47

Yes, thanks, Laurence, that's fine.

Mark, if you read this, please do lead another week. I know new people can't register onto the website, so post onto facebook with a date and destination and I'll pick it up (sometime) and copy onto the message board.

We've now got a full set of inexperienced, newbie leaders on Sunday (?!!), so unwrap your summer bikes and pink mankinis and see you at the Black Horse

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 09 Apr 2017 14:31

On a thoroughly unpleasant, hilly A-ride this morning were:

Phil Richards (leading)
Adam Green
Jon Williams
Vince Tennant
Sting
Dominic Walker (first time with the club)

A beautiful day to spend time out of the saddle, wheezing up every hill in the Wyre Forest. No one enjoyed it, but welcome to Dominic, and apologies for your first ride being such a ba****d

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 09 Apr 2017 15:18

Sunny C Run to Bewdley SVR Cafe

Dave Cox Leader
Mark McConkey
Jon Griggs
Mike Preece
Neil Evanson
Huan Dong
Gemma Johnson
Natalia Barroso
Neil Compton
Emma Bridger
Georgia McDowell
Mark Russell
Pete Norman
Dave Little Sweeper 1
Adrian Mc Hugh Sweeper 2

Good to see Jon Emma and Georgia out with us and Neil Compton back on a Beacon Run after some time. All getting ready for the Summer! Many thanks to Dave and Ade for guiding people back to the Black Horse
Last edited by Dave Cox on 09 Apr 2017 15:19, edited 1 time in total.

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 09 Apr 2017 15:19

On today's B run to Kineton
Paul Johnson(L)
Rob Wade
Niall Whitehouse
Martin Vowles
Neil Lynch
Tim Jarvis
Neil Orchard
Andy Wrightson
Nick Shenton