wed 5th July IMPORTANT - CHANGE OF COURSE to K36/10

Discussion about and results of Beacon club time trials and Beacon member participation in open time trials

Moderators: Beacon RCC, David Cole, martin mc, JessRJ

martin mc

wed 5th July IMPORTANT - CHANGE OF COURSE to K36/10

Post by martin mc » 03 Jul 2017 23:50

On wednesday 5th July the club will be holding it's 10mile Time Trial Club Championship event. This was due to take place on K34/10D course, the out & back course between Dunnington & Evesham.The roadworks.org website is showing a road a road closure & diversion affecting the road we intend to race along. I cycled this road yesterday evening to check & all was clear. I returned to drive the course today & although the road was still clear diversion signs are out now as per the roadworks.org site, presumably in preperation for road closure. It is therefore extremely likely that we will not be able to race on this course by Wednesday & I have therefore made the decision now to switch course to our nominated back up course, K36/10.
The full details of this course can be found at http://midlanddc.org.uk/courses?area=K36&course=K36/10 , that's the same as https://www.strava.com/activities/1005521543 if you do strava. The event will start at 7pm. Due to limited parking near start please park & sign on as per K36/4.5 course on Umberslade Road (near finish on Tithe Barn Lane) & cycle to the start in reverse direction of course, that's approx 2.5 miles.
If the road closure on K34/10D doesn't take place feel free to moan but I believe taking the decision to switch course at this stage is the correct one to ensure we can run our championship event. Please can people share this information with anyone who might attend by whatever means, from the social media to good old fashioned smoke signals.

neilo

Re: wed 5th July IMPORTANT - CHANGE OF COURSE to K36/10

Post by neilo » 04 Jul 2017 07:54

Good decision Martin 👍

jkwilson84

Post by jkwilson84 » 04 Jul 2017 10:41

Hi, I am awaiting replacement wheels which may/may not arrive on time, however if they do is this event open to all beacon members (I don't have a tt bike nor entered any tt event before) and is there any rules/regs I need to know

Cheers

James

laurence_cooley

Post by laurence_cooley » 04 Jul 2017 10:50

It's open to all members, James - you just need to be there c. 15 minutes before the start with £3.

martin mc

Post by martin mc » 04 Jul 2017 10:58

Hi James. The event is open to all Beacon members & members of any other club affiliated to CTT. Details of rules can be found at https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/articles/view/11
If you haven't done a tt before you're very welcome to come along & ride, we really do encourage participation at every level of ability & if you have any questions just ask anyone there.
Regards, Martin.