Club runs -3rd June

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs -3rd June

Post by WorcsPhil » 28 May 2018 09:58

So the people who did venture out eastwards on the two club runs were the lucky ones. Phil G’s B-ride saw no rain, and the A-ride with the three ginger randonneurs went all the way to Towcester and only had one rain shower early doors, together with one comedy car splash, as a car travelling the opposite way to us went through a large puddle spaying a wall of water into our faces...my how we laughed. It was so nice after this shower in fact, we had to buy some sun cream to protect us fair skinned woosies.

Birmingham got hit with storms early and late, and the forecast was poor so understandable that many people stayed indoors.

The weeks kudos this week goes to John Hunt, who won the 2/3/4 race at Tudor Grange, Solihull in his new Bodhi skinsuit...a fine effort indeed. Jess and Simon continued their tour of Britain on the RTTC series of time trials, this time turning up in Penrith, where Jess finished 2nd and Simon Dighton 5th in their respective categories. Another fine effort.

Oh and it looks like Stuart is cycling to and from Brussels this weekend, as you do. We shall watch/monitor his and Adam Green’s TransContinental race in July with great interest.

Anyway, we need some leaders this week, and an Intro leader. Hopefully someone will post below... :shock:

This week’s rides are:

A: Uptonish/Tewkesburyish - Ben Crone
B: Arley - Matt Hale
C: Halfpenny Green - Andy Wrightson

Intro: leader and support required.

BenC

Re: Club runs -3rd June

Post by BenC » 31 May 2018 21:09

I'm happy to lead an A run south to either Upton or Tewkesbury (I'll look at routes and choose one tomorrow).

Andy W

Post by Andy W » 01 Jun 2018 10:32

After a weeks of endless miles and I'm feeling a tad tired so decided ill lead this Sundays C ride to half penny green but could combine the B if no one comes forward by then, it's will be within club guidelines

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 01 Jun 2018 10:47

Thanks Ben and Andy...first time lead for Ben, so please come along and support him.

...and Andy is riding out with a few of us on a 240kms ride on Saturday, so huge kudos for also leading the day after!!

So, how's about one of the other faster C-riders leading a textbook B ride as per my prompt a fortnight ago? Finding this elusive beast in the rainforests of Borneo has led me to text Sir David Attenborough for tips on finding rare creatures, so finding a B-ride person as well as an Intro leader, and we're full for the week.

BenC

Post by BenC » 01 Jun 2018 21:29

I will call the cafe tomorrow to check everything is ok but assuming all is well the A run will be going to Tewkesbury via:

https://www.strava.com/routes/13565539

Note: On the way back I plan to peal off around Tardebigge, but I'm sure people will manage from there!

Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale » 03 Jun 2018 00:08

Bit of a late post, but if there's interest, I could lead a B run to Arley Arboretum. 47 miles BH to BH. If numbers/interest is low, may join the C ride. Will endeavour to give more notice next time!

BenC

Post by BenC » 03 Jun 2018 14:07

A good turn out at the Black Horse today for a sunny spin down to Croft Farm just outside of Tewkesbury. On the 'A' run we had:

Ben Crone (L)
Paul Johnson
Nick Shenton
Neil Orchard
Alistair Hey
Liam Roberts
John Hitchcock
Ian Simpson
Alan Weaver
George Barker (met at cafe).

Matt Hale

Post by Matt Hale » 03 Jun 2018 15:12

On the 'hilly' B ride to Arley Arboretum:

Matt Hale (L)
Laurie Derbyshire
Paul Derbyshire
Eugene Farrell
Andy McGrath

Textbook stuff today. Thanks for the company on a lovely sunny day.

Andy W

Post by Andy W » 03 Jun 2018 19:25

Today's run was I'd like to think textbook, we had 3 new riders on the C so well done to them and sticking it out as was a bit lumpy, thanks to si turner for helping with what can only be the most round about way of getting to half penny iv riden and Pete marshal for a different way back
Today's riders were
Leading ( Andy Wrightson )
Simon Turner
Neil evanson
Mark mcconkey
Colin hall
Nathan Burton
Adrian (lube your chain) mc hugh
Pete marshallol ( met us at half penny)
( a big welcome and we'll done for first C run to)
Alex rybinski
Margaret rhrenberg
Ashutosh parsesI