Club runs - 10th June

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

Club runs - 10th June

Post by WorcsPhil » 05 Jun 2018 08:28

26 riders out on the three rides on Sunday. Thanks to Ben, Matt and Andy for leading.

There are no club runs on the 17th June due to the club’s 10mile open TT, so why not double your efforts and come out this Sunday - we have Nick and George leading the A and B rides respectively to little known destinations so magical, you will welcomed by pixies, and I’m sure we can get a normal C-ride organised. You will see that there is also a Let’s Ride Family club run, where it would be good to get new and younger members along, all meeting at the Black Horse...can we get a leader/chivvier along to organise that, please and post more details below.

Congrats this week again goes to John Hunt for getting to Cat2 with a recent couple of wins at Tudor Grange, ably helped by Gavin Passmore in particular...

This week’s rides are:

A: Brewood - Nick Shenton
B: Ilmington - George Barker
C: Volunteer required
Alternative: let’s Ride Family Club run - Volunteer required

Nicks_77

Re: Club runs - 10th June

Post by Nicks_77 » 05 Jun 2018 13:36

This weeks A Run will be to Brewood in Staffordshire.

I’ll be taking this run at an easier A run pace, partly to save my legs for my trip to Italy and to give B run riders an opportunity to move up to an A run.

The route will be approx 72 miles BH to BH and will head out via Kinver, Wombourne & head back via Pattingham & Kinver.

If it’s nice on the way back there will be an option to stop somewhere for a pint too.

Normal 9:15 start time from Northfield.

George

Post by George » 08 Jun 2018 10:38

This week's B run will be a little longer than usual: 109km (68 miles), to Ilmington. It's therefore very unlikely that we will be back at the BH before 2pm, and it could easily be 2:30. The route is gently undulating, without any alarming hills. In order to keep the distance within reasonable bounds, 'out' and 'home' are fairly similar. Insofar as conditions and group dynamics allow, I'm aiming to average 25-26kph (16mph), keeping the effort as even as possible (i.e. not pushing on the 'ups').

On the basis of numbers on recent rides, I've told the café to expect about twelve. However, the last time I did that, more than twenty turned up, and things got a bit chaotic at the café. Obviously everybody is welcome, but I'd like to avoid a repeat of that situation. Therefore, if anyone who hasn't been doing B runs recently is planning to join the ride, please post here, or PM me, or contact me via another medium, so that I have the opportunity to spot a big turnout coming and, if necessary, adjust the plans.

- Route on Strava

David Cole

Post by David Cole » 09 Jun 2018 14:50

I can take a slow C run to Kenilworth
Dave
David Cole

Beacon Roads Cycling Club

Nicks_77

Post by Nicks_77 » 10 Jun 2018 14:49

On today's **flat** free :roll: A Run to Brewood were:-

Nick Shenton (Leading)
Paul Johnson
Neil "Celeste" Orchard
Joe Warwood
Alistair hey
Kevin Young
Matt Reagan
Alberto "Ding Ding" Recchioni

Thanks to all for a great ride albeit quicker than I'd originally promised.

Alberto Recchioni

Post by Alberto Recchioni » 10 Jun 2018 16:42

Hi all!
My big big apologies for my two times **flat**s ;( I have already ordered a new pair of conti.

Thanks Nick,
Enjoy your trip to my lovely land!

George

Post by George » 10 Jun 2018 16:55

Perfect riding conditions, several A-standard riders doing turns on the front and no complaints from behind resulted in today's B run not being quite what it said on the tin, speed wise. I hope that no one's Sunday was spoilt as a result. The café proved to be quite crowded when we arrived (yes, Phil, I know you told us it would be), but they dealt with us remarkably quickly under the circumstances, and waiting on the grass in the sunshine is a form of inconvenience that didn't prove very difficult to tolerate. Welcome to newcomer Rachel Hull, who put in a very strong début performance, especially on the hills. And kudos to Pete and Simon for hanging on the wheels of much lighter and speedier machines (some propelled by much younger riders) without a word of complaint. Great to see everyone, including Wally and Sue, who are back in "chilly" (!!) England for a few weeks.

The list:
George Barker (L)
Laurie Derbyshire
Paul Derbyshire
Rachel Hull
Simon Woodward
Niall Whitehouse
Pete Norman
Phil Elwell
Nathan Burton
Vince Tenant
Wally Lowe