NO CLUBS RUNS ON 7TH APRIL

Details of and discussion about club runs

Moderators: WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole, Andy Terry, neilo

WorcsPhil

NO CLUBS RUNS ON 7TH APRIL

Post by WorcsPhil » 01 Apr 2019 10:58

No, it's not an April Fool's joke, there are no club runs this coming Sunday (the women's ride on Saturday is still likely to be on, so watch this space for details of this). It is the Little Mountain Time Trial this Sunday, so if you're not competing or marshalling why not cycle or drive over as it's always good fun to enjoy the suffering up the last hill at the famous Shelsley hill climb.

Over 30 riders on the four club runs last week, and despite the best efforts of Alan Weaver to get zwift rides and local audaxes registered as club runs, Parliament has again rejected his proposals. A list of interventions will be discussed this week, but it is still the club run deal that is the only deal on offer. Sorry, Alan. Audaxes are great, but they are audaxes, whereas club runs mean club runs, it's what people voted for. :D

Sorry to hear of a ride-stopping mechanical for Richard Leaper on the B-run despite the best efforts of the mechanics on the ride to get him going again, it was one of only a few train returns back to base that we've ever had. Unlucky...

So, see you in two weeks when the club runs will be back bigger and better than ever before...well, ok, but you know what I mean.

This gives you a perfect moment to check your diaries and get your name down on the April/May/June thread as this is always a popular time to ride.

George

Re: NO CLUBS RUNS ON 7TH APRIL

Post by George » 01 Apr 2019 11:46

I can thoroughly recommend taking up Phil's suggestion and making a sort of alternative 'club run' out of riding out to marshal. Recent joiners (particularly those with no special interest in racing) may wonder what the fuss is about. The mountain TT is central to the history of the club: it's been going since just after the war; it's been won by Olympians, world champions, national champions and prolific record-breakers; the HQ and uphill finish is at the oldest unchanged motor racing venue in the world; it's set in some of the most attractive countryside this countryside has to offer; and it's a true test of all-round cycling ability, where competitors have to be able to climb, take twisting descents at speed and turn on the power over flattish/undulating sectors.

So be a part of history, see some great riders in action, and enjoy a day out cycling in the country. Contact Chris Hudson and he'll give you a job. Most of the jobs are easy to do: they just involve standing around with a flag. And when the last rider has gone past, you can pedal over the the HQ for a cuppa. For details, see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8887

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 01 Apr 2019 14:34

I will be passing the Black Horse at 7.00 on Sunday (not stopping or waiting) so anyone who wants to can ride out with me at C pace. I'll be going straight down the A38 to Droitwich and then turning to Ombersley to take up marshalling point 9 at Holt Heath. Bring warm clothes for the standing around bit. Return will be through the lanes of course. Just put rack and panniers on bike for extra clothes !!!

ballintrane

Post by ballintrane » 01 Apr 2019 15:44

WorcsPhil wrote:
01 Apr 2019 10:58
Over 30 riders on the four club runs last week, and despite the best efforts of Alan Weaver to get zwift rides and local audaxes registered as club runs, Parliament has again rejected his proposals. A list of interventions will be discussed this week, but it is still the club run deal that is the only deal on offer. Sorry, Alan. Audaxes are great, but they are audaxes, whereas club runs mean club runs, it's what people voted for. :D
Attachments
97e7a5ae42b4a458f48b452bbbe8367e.jpg
97e7a5ae42b4a458f48b452bbbe8367e.jpg (28.76 KiB) Viewed 9336 times
Paul Johnson

CakeStop

Post by CakeStop » 01 Apr 2019 19:48

Is this month's intro ride cancelled or postponed to 14th?
Eat cake before you're hungry

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 02 Apr 2019 09:33

Think it best to cancel this month's Intro ride and come back with a well-publicised May Intro ride...we still need someone to lead that of course!

AlanW

Post by AlanW » 02 Apr 2019 12:21

WorcsPhil wrote:
01 Apr 2019 10:58
Whilst I agree that yes I questioned if organised rides on Zwift might for good for club run points, if slightly tongue in cheek. I don't recall mentioning anything about the audax?

Post by Si_Walker » Sun Mar 31, 2019 15:50 pm

On the Midlander 100 audax were
Alan Weaver
Simon Turner
Si Walker
Kevin Frobisher
We arrived at the Evesham Cafe at the same time as the C ride, so can we have the club points please :D :shock: :D :shock:
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

carolyn

Post by carolyn » 02 Apr 2019 19:35

The ladies will be out Saturday:

0745 from the black horse for the usual earlswood loop

Gemma_j1983

Post by Gemma_j1983 » 06 Apr 2019 12:38

Today girls ride.

Sandy henshaw
Michelle brown
Gemma Johnson - leading
Catherine Corrs

Michelle turned back after about 3 miles due to gearing issues!

Si_Walker

Post by Si_Walker » 06 Apr 2019 21:04

*...) In the spirit of current parliamentary fashion. I again submit a request for points on a point of order as the original motion was mis-attributed. :D :shock: :D :shock:
Si Walker
Beacon Roads Cycling Club