Cycling UK Try-Vets

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, laurence_cooley, Andy Terry

Dave Cox

Cycling UK Try-Vets

Post by Dave Cox » 30 May 2019 07:07

In contrast to our awesome hard core Audaxers, I'll be riding the traditional Cycling UK (aka CTC) Tri-Vets on Sunday all being well. This is a very civilised century only open to the over 50s and occurs every 3 years so you can measure out your remaining cycling life in Tri-Vets events. Organised by Coventry CTC (there are others around the country) it starts in Binley Woods with a proper coffee and cake break at Sibbertoft, a WI style cooked lunch at Great Easton Village Hall and Afternoon tea and cake at Haddon Village Hall. Led in small groups with a back marker so you can't get lost (allegedly) there's more tea and cake at the finish. You can even order little brass badges with date bars to add (not eat) they commemorate each year that you've ridden the event). CTC wasn't known as Cafe To Cafe for no reason !

Ventile jackets, cloth caps, steel frames, woolly pluses, Carradice saddle bags, Brooks saddles etc are optional and to be frank rarely seen as a complete ensemble these days. I'm saving mine for the Eroica in Derbyshire in August. Have a good weekend.

George

Re: Cycling UK Try-Vets

Post by George » 31 May 2019 10:22

Best of luck, Dave!

Yosser

Re: Cycling UK Try-Vets

Post by Yosser » 05 Jun 2019 23:08

Nice to see that you are out and about again Dave. Enjoy.