PLEASE GET YOUR CLAIMS AND NOMINATIONS IN FOR CLUB TROPHIES ASAP

Details of and discussion about club news & events (excluding races)

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, WorcsPhil, Beacon RCC, George, laurence_cooley, David Cole

George

PLEASE GET YOUR CLAIMS AND NOMINATIONS IN FOR CLUB TROPHIES ASAP

Post by George » 10 Oct 2019 21:40

Every year, members' racing and other achievements are recognised with trophies and awards in a wide variety of fields. Where possible, presentations are made at the Annual Dinner (see http://beaconrcc.org.uk/2019-annual-din ... sentation/).
With some trophies and awards, it's easy to know who's won: the TT Sec has the times from the 10-mile TT Championship, for example, and can obviously see who was fastest. With other things, the award depends on achievements that club officials might not know about unless riders tell them. In those cases, if you think that you might've won, you need to make a claim. That's a fancy way of saying that you have to get in touch with the relevant bod on the Committee to let them know what you've done.
Because there are so many awards, and it's easy to forget what you need to do for which, here's a list of trophies and awards, with the ones that need claiming highlighted. For full details, see the PDF on the club website (http://beaconrcc.org.uk/wp-content/uplo ... s-2019.pdf). If you're unsure about anything, ask me or another Committee member.
Claims need to be made by the end of Friday 18 October. You can DM me via this board, or e-mail me (george [at] beaconrcc [dot] org [dot] uk), or you can contact the club officer who does the admin for the relevant field (e.g. TT Secretary Martin for TT trophies). If anything's unclear, reply to this post.

Touring etc:
Touring Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Audax Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Beacon sportive rider of the year – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Club Run Points Champion

Off-roading:
Mountain Bike Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Cyclo-cross Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Junior Cyclo‐cross Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!

TTing:
Junior 10-mile TT Champion
Women’s 10-mile TT Champion
Senior 10-mile TT Champion
Junior 25‐mile TT Champion
Women’s 25‐mile TT
Senior 25‐mile TT Champion
Women’s 50-mile TT Champion
Senior 50-mile TT Champion
Senior 100-mile TT Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Senior 12-hour TT Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Junior BAR – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Women’s BAR – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Senior BAR – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Veterans’ BAR – CLAIMS NEEDED!
20-mile Handicap TT Champion
Handicap BAR
Hill Climb Champion
Women’s Hill Climb Champion

Road racing:
Junior Road Race Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Senior Road Race Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Senior Circuit Race Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!

Track racing:
Track Sprint Champion
Track Distance Race Winner
Track Pursuit Champion
Track Omnium Champion
Women’s Track Omnium Champion
Senior Track League Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!
Junior Track League Champion – CLAIMS NEEDED!

Other:
Club Person of the Year – NOMINATIONS INVITED! (see separate post)

George

Re: PLEASE GET YOUR CLAIMS AND NOMINATIONS IN FOR CLUB TROPHIES ASAP

Post by George » 16 Oct 2019 13:07

Just two days left for claiming trophies!

We're still awaiting claims for several 2019 trophies. Surely, for example, someone wants to be crowned Beacon's Sportive Rider of the Year?

The deadline for claiming trophies is Friday, and claims are invited from all paid-up Beacon members.

Tim

Post by Tim » 17 Oct 2019 18:15

Didn't several people do a big sportive in north west France? :wink:
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

George

Post by George » 17 Oct 2019 19:18

Tim wrote:
17 Oct 2019 18:15
Didn't several people do a big sportive in north west France? :wink:
In this context, I think that counts as an audax, Tim. But I thought a couple of people did Ride London, didn't they? Fred Whitton, anybody? And what about the Mad March Hare and its summer sister event: did none of our people do those?

Surely somebody did something?

Tim

Post by Tim » 17 Oct 2019 22:07

I know George I was joking! Well I rode Velo Birmingham in 5hrs2mins on no training so give it to me if no-one else claims but I know Gavin Passmore was in top 10 finishers and Stu White did it way quicker than me too and sure several did Ride London and think some did Paris Roubaix so you should get an influx of claims any moment
Please like and follow Beacon Cycling Academy https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beacon-C ... 6499863667

AdeR

Post by AdeR » 18 Oct 2019 14:33

Last call for prize claims. There is a trophy up for grabs awarded to "The junior member who, during the course of the year, secures the highest number of road race points from his/her twelve best results, as follows: Points are calculated from the rider’s finishing position. That normally involves 10 points being awarded for first place, 9 for second place and so on down to 1 for tenth place. However, where the race classification gives BC points down to fifteenth place, 15 points are awarded for first place, descending to 1 point for fifteenth place." Think your child is in with a shout? Let us know here by Sunday eve please.
Some things actually DO happen that are not on Strava