Long-sleeved club jersey size L (but more like M)

Items for sale by members

Moderators: George, CakeStop

George

Long-sleeved club jersey size L (but more like M)

Post by George » 05 Sep 2018 18:08

I've got a long-sleeved Beacon jersey, hardly used, which doesn't really fit me. It's a Giordana, nominally size L (but see below). It has a full-length zip and is heavier fabric than the short-sleeved jerseys, slightly fleecy but not windproof like a winter jacket. It originally belonged to George Lazenby, but it didn't fit him properly, so I bought it off him. I took it for granted that it would fit me, because I already had one the same size, which needed replacing due to crash damage. However, this top is definitely smaller than my old one: I can get into it and do it up, but it's tight round the chest, and the tightness pulls the sleeves up and makes them feel short. In other words, I think that it would really be much better for someone who normally takes a Giordana size M or equivalent.
Anyone want to make me an offer?

Dave Cox

Re: Long-sleeved club jersey size L (but more like M)

Post by Dave Cox » 06 Sep 2018 14:33

If it's a medium it should fit me George. Would £25 be acceptable?

George

Post by George » 06 Sep 2018 15:01

Dave, it's nominally large. But it's smaller than my other large Diadora tops. So I suspect that either it's an incorrectly labelled medium, or it's the product of inaccurate manufacture causing it to be closer to medium than large. £25 would certainly be acceptable. If you're interested, you're welcome to try it on a non-committal basis. I could post it, or (if you're not in a hurry) I could drop if off in just over a fortnight when I next ride with Roger (Sunday 23rd).

Dave Cox

Post by Dave Cox » 06 Sep 2018 17:31

23rd would be good because I'm out with Roger on the 25th. Dave

George

Post by George » 07 Sep 2018 14:14

Great. I'll pop round when I leave his place and get to you mid-afternoon, if that's okay.