Paris Brest Paris

Discussion about audaxes & cyclosportives

Moderators: Philip Whiteman, George, Andy Terry, Kermit

Philip Whiteman

Paris Brest Paris

Post by Philip Whiteman » 12 Aug 2019 18:31

Paris–Brest–Paris (PBP) is a long-distance cycling event. It was originally a 1,200 km (750 mi) bicycle race from Paris to Brest and back to Paris in 1891. Whilst no longer a race, it is now held as an audax attracting thousands from all over the world.

This year, three members will be attempting this event starting on the 18th Feb. So wish them well.

Unless I am incorrect, they are:

- Phil Richards
- John Williams
- Stu White
EDIT - Plus Chris Ashford.

The last person to attempt this event was Eddie Sumner around eight years ago. Unfortunately he did not complete on that occasion but was successful on previous occasions.
Beacon Audaxes The Kidderminster Killer & From Clee to Heaven 20.7.19; Autumn South Salopian 5.10.19. www.beaconrcc.org.uk/

CakeStop

Re: Paris Brest Paris

Post by CakeStop » 12 Aug 2019 19:07

Christopher Ashford is also entered.

To track them https://track.rtrt.me/e/PBP-2019#/track ... B,RTDSHJFR or if that doesn't work enter beacon in the participants search box at https://track.rtrt.me/e/PBP-2019#/tracker
Eat cake before you're hungry

WorcsPhil

Post by WorcsPhil » 12 Aug 2019 20:45

Thanks Phil. Indeed there are four of us, with at least three of us a little nervous at the prospect. Being a seasoned Transcontinental rider, used to wild dogs and dysentery in Bosnia, Stu White will snort at the impudence of night riding in France...

We are all in 84 hour completion group which leaves at 05:15 on Monday morning (19th Aug). We therefore have until 5pm on Thursday afternoon to finish.

Unfortunately the tracker isn’t as exciting as the TCR dot watcher in that it only shows you crossing the mats at the control points so it will look as if we’re stationary for hours, but rest assured we won’t be. We’ll try to post photos or updates when we can.

Si_Walker

Post by Si_Walker » 13 Aug 2019 07:27

Best of luck to all of you who are taking part, I wish you well and safe ride.
Si Walker
Beacon Roads Cycling Club

George

Post by George » 13 Aug 2019 09:29

Best of luck to the Beacon Four!